Friday 1 February 2008

Another Friday evening - I need to get a life



Taken from Waterloo bridge, rather than my usual Hungerford. The night was very cold and clear . However I have realised this morning that last nights walk did not really work out as I had hoped.... None of the pictures are how I had envisaged they might look, if they worked visually then they are a bit blurry and if they are sharp then there is some tree in the way. I guess there are night's like that... but it is ***** frustrating.. and I have a sore throat.. stamps foot in bad temper!







Just for some variety.. the OXO building. I like the detail round the windows, it's not really very exciting is it? However I have been aiming to capture this buliding for a while, and either get too close, or lose the detail of the lights




Actually the point of the evening was to capture the Swiss Re building, affectionately know as the Gherkin. It is not at all easy to photograph, much to my bitter disappointment. However I will persevere.... this is tonight's effort, and the next is the best of the rest and sums up my problem.. If I got it in focus there were some annoying twigs in the way... but more often than not I couldn't 'get it' ... will have to think about this one. . . . . . .








and as it was only a hop, skip and a jump from St Mary's Axe to the Tower, that's what I did next!



a variety of the traffic theme. Perhaps I should do a theme... London beauty spots and traffic?? just a thought



OK, so now there is a theme... but I think I prefer last week's effort with the boys on Hungerford Bridge.... maybe traffic doesn't need to be interesting!

I know that HMS Belfast is a permanent fixture but as it is steaming towards the Tate (in the background) I have high hopes of it finally finishing off that spider!





and finally just for a change a picture of the London Eye, but forgive me I like the reflection!!


1 comment:

debbie said...

I think you have a great life Anya, just being able to get out and take Photos for a Hobby is fantastic,, once again great pics