Saturday 23 February 2008

Northern Classy birds

Hmmmmm, I am very ashamed to say I don't know what this is, although I might hazard a guess and say an American Green Winged Teal? Please don't laugh people in the know!However it is the one and only shot that I am truly pleased with from the day.

I really love this picture... although I would have liked more clarity on the shelduck. The colour of the grass in the background, is sory of a burnt umber and it contrasts so beautifully with the brown in the shelduck's feathers. I am nearly quite pleased with this one (Oh be still my beating heart!)


Some greylag geese also wanted in on the free food, I think Hilda Ogden would have been proud of this 'muriel' and one of them alone against the wonderful burnt umber colour again





and another shelduck!





The flamingos were bathing! Similar to pelicans, they do not have much of an ecological sense of duty on water conservation! However they do look quite impressive






and what's a flamingo to do when there is no towel left on the towel rail??



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos. Can I just point out that if you crop your flying birds, crop them so that they are 'flying' into the picture rather than out of it - more space in front of the bird than behind it. Something my father, who was an artist, taught me. Hope you don't mind me saying this.

Great shots though :O)

Anonymous said...

Your photographs just get better and better, and rather than checking sporadically, I'm now looking here every day!! You have a very interesting and inquisitive eye. Can I request some more urban London shots? I enjoy your perspective... All of us here do.

However, I'm now intrigued by your vehemence towards BA? What gives?!

xxx