Thursday 7 February 2008

Brixton Market January 2008

A while ago I visited Brixton market for the first time for 24years. I was relieved to see that it is pretty much as it was then and has not been yuppified like Portobello etc. All the stallholders were so friendly and their wares looked exotic to this supermarket slave.... The smells and the sounds were vibrant.. it's a great place, and it won't be 24years before I visit again





The Yams were particularly amazing, and if I knew what to do with a yam, I'd have bought one... I did buy a lettuce, does that count?




I have to say that I was a little freaked by these boiler chickens... what is a boiler chicken anyway??? why do butchers look so happy? Obviously there is a large amount of job satisfac





the fish looked much tastier . . . .







and I was just DYING to see men wearing these suits.. sadly there were none to be found anywhere, so I went home in a strop.







1 comment:

debbie said...

HI Anya, great photos,, how did you make that man stick his Arms up like that? as for the Chick Boiler are Cheap mass Produced chicks in shed,, and not nice free range expensive chicks