Tuesday 12 February 2008

Classy Birds

It being half term I took some children to London Zoo. I was pants at taking photos though and my recycle bin is bulging tonight. However some of my birds were not too displeasing. I am particularly taken with herons at the moment.. I just love them. When they fly they look like dinasoars, and they are more patient than me when I think I am on to a good shot... they have a shabby chic dress sense.. yep I love 'em!


This picture is my favouite of the day, the heron precariously perched in a tree overlooking the penguin pool... just waiting, waiting for his fish. Can herons tell the time I wonder?



This pelican was bathing.. pretty much everyone in Regent's Park could tell it was bathing.. Have pelicans not been told about global warming and the need to conserve water?




and as ever the flamingos were bickering.... I thought my boys were bad but they are best of friends compared to this lot.. No doubt for my sins I shall come back as a flamingo!





I am sure have done this one before!


1 comment:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

I like the bathing pelican! J xx