Sunday 27 January 2008

View of Thames from Woolwich at dawn

January 27th 2008... the alarm went off at 6am. This was fairly horrific as I have been very tired, but I was keen to head back out to Woolwich to take some more shots of the Thames Barrier, this time at dawn. The weather was not so windy, so I was hopeful that the shots would not be so out of focus. I arrived at my little spot shortly before 7am and took a series of photos until the cold triumphed at about 7.40am. I think that this particular spot on the Thames is simply spectacular, I loved seeing the colour changing in the sky... and even though I was disappointed not to have the lovely pink sky that I have been fortunate to see in the past few weeks I loved the hour. I hope you like the pictures, I hope I have done the morning justice. I have not enhanced them, or changed the colour at all.. this is exactly what I saw.......
























and that was that, cold and shivering I bundled back into the car, only pausing between Greenwich and my still warm bed to take a quick photo of the O2 Arena (see remembered this time!) in the early morning light.


1 comment:

debbie said...

judging by these photos Anya, I think you can walk on water???