Sunday 27 January 2008

Richmond Park 26 January 2008

This afternoon was gloriously sunny, so I decided to go for a walk. When I set off I did not anticipate the walk being particularly long. However most of SW London had also decided to go for a walk in Richmond Park and the car parks were full. By the time I got to where I wanted to be and back I have worked out that I walked between 5 and 6 miles!!!!!! Very sore now!

I was surprised that the grasses were all so brown, the Park looked positively autumnal.


I had not realised that Richmond Park is so high, but as I rounded a corner, this was my view. Familiar eh?? There are two types of deer in Richmond Park, red deer and fallow deer. Unfortunately all the pictures I took of the red deer are ****. What is new I hear you all cry?.. well don't be so rude. These are my pictures of the fallow deer, and the reason for all that walking


I think the Deer Rut does not really begin until October but maybe these two young stags were having a bit of a practise. I Like the way all the other deer are just lying there as if to say ' *sigh* not again'








1 comment:

debbie said...

wow dont those deer look smart