Friday 18 January 2008

London, Dome, Thames Barrier and Docklands

I thought it was time for regular viewers of this blog to have a small treat.. I considered getting you all some therapy, for coming back to this site so frequently... but as a special treat I decoded to travel further afield in London to get you a new view... so this evening found me in Woolwich, down a very dodgy back road, in a housing estate where nobody appeared to e living... or maybe they were all out ???? I was delighted to find the Thames Barrier half concealing the Milennium Dome (not allowed to call it that any more.. it's the O2 Arena now.. doesn't have quite the smae ring though?) which in turn was half concealing the Docklands buildings



a more wide angle shot. . . .

One of the Towers of the Thames Barrier and the Dome lit up behind





Stopped in Greenwich, and after several false starts managed to find not only a viewing spot, but also a parking bay!! I have wanted to take pictures of the Dome at night for a while.. but now I have managed this, actually I think I want a picture of the dome at dawn... oh dear I think that is going to require a very early start






I love the roof of the Dome, always have, since it opened in 2000. I think I may just be the only person in London who likes the Dome as a building. Inside it used to be pants, although when we visited for the King Tut exhibition just before Christmas it was much better. Still love the architecture though.....


These two are supposed to show the boats 'speeding' past the Dome, the first works better as the boat was going faster.. mind you it was a Police Boat....





and then the final two: are these really 'mistakes' or did I really want this crazy effect?? I love the fact that the dome is still quintessentially the Dome ( I will never get used to this O2 Arena business)




2 comments:

debbie said...

wow wow wow wow there fantastic... and the fuzzy ones,, whether you wanted them or not there great,, and you made me smile for the first time today

Posh Totty said...

Yet more fantastic pics by Anya, I am once again very impressed :o)