Saturday 26 January 2008

RSPB - National audit

Today the RSPB has asked us to count the birds in our garden and enter then results into their national database. I sat in the garden for the allotted hour and spotted precisely one woodpigeon and one robin. Pathetic! I decided to cheat and visit the London Wetlands.... They had one or two more birds!
I am not sure that the whistling ducks can really be entered into the survey, but they look very sweet in this picture
The parakeets were back with avengeance, but this time I was armed with my tripod, so the reults are a little sharper



and some rather impressive geese gave us a fly past!




and then the light was fading... but I couldn't be sorry as it meant this wonderful sunset!



1 comment:

debbie said...

if I had known you were doing a bird study you can have my list,, but then I do live in the country,, so lots and lots,,