Saturday 12 January 2008

One and a half hours (in London with camera)

Woke up at 6:45 and headed for my favourite haunt. I was confident of a pretty sunrise, as it was a clear and cold morning (to my detriment.. prize for the first person to spot why?!!). While the colours were not special like they were when I did this in November, it was a very sunny morning and was pretty enough. It was a lovely morning, and a privilidge to be out and about






Oooh yes forgot to mention, I did buy the tripod with my Christmas vouchers and thiese were the first pictures using it.. It is nice and sturdy and made the photos much clearer!


When I arrived it was fairly dark, and I was trying to capture the blueness of the night.. sadly a moment after this photo was taken I slipped over on a semi-frosty grassy bit, and in an attempt to protect the camera, I hurt myself (a lttle bit).. hence by the time I took the next pictures it wasn't very dark (the ones from Hungerford Bridge)




Taken from the Embankment . . .



errr, how to explain this.. it's been Anyafied, on long exposure
and just before I left at 8.30am



On my way back to the car, the sun was very strong and really lit up the Houses of Parliament.. I loved the reflection in the river so much that....... well have a look at the next shot...





And the only way that City Hall can possibly look attractive


1 comment:

debbie said...

wow wow wow,, that tripod use was good,, but even without your pretty steady any way.. that eye looks odd in a good way,, what ever Anyafied is?? I need to get out and take some proper photos soon, when it stops piddling with rain//