Friday 25 January 2008

A day in the life of a Cameraholic 25.1.08

Oh dear, my name is Anya Rowson, I am 40 years old and I am a cameraholic. Is it really healthy that every day when I swim my 40 lengths I spend a good 20 lengths planning where I can next take some photographs? This morning I was leaving the huse, when I saw the colour of the sky. It was fading rapidly so I stopped at the junction of Leckford Rd and Openview for this shot. the only reason there aren't two is because the cars behind started hooting! This evening, my plans went askew. the boys were due to go to their dad... and I was going out with camera... however a last minute cancellation scuppered this. However I felt restless and cheated.. OK easy solution.. I took them with me. This is a concrete mixer on teh South Bank... well obviously .....
It was quite windy on Hungerford Bridge, and the boys were cold.. and they complained. A lot. Still this is one of the best Night time shots of the City that I have taken... so who cares?



although this is not entirely in focus I love the colour in this shot.

I haven't tried this for a while, but as Aunty Jen has been showing off, and Tom bates has reinspired me, I seized the moment (so to speak)



Hmmm, this one is interesting.. I bribed the boys to stand still for 15 seconds, and took the photo on long exposure to capture the traffic behind. What I didn' t reckon on were the 50 people who walked in between the camera and the boys... hoever unbelievably they don't exist on the photo... spooky!




the point of the evening was to take the boys on the London Eye at night, which they have not sone before, but the security guard would not let me take my tripod on withme, and the camera is too heavy.. so all the shots are blurred. These are the best and they are very poor!





The view from the top. . .











and home to bed (well for the boys.. I will be on here editing a while... and working out where to go tomorrow)
Night
Anyax

2 comments:

debbie said...

40 lengths OMG thats a long way in a pool.. even so it give you good camera thinking time,,

debbie said...

Great Photos too Anya..