Saturday 24 January 2009

UK National Coldwater Swimming Championships -2009

The morning dawned chilly, there was a samll baby frost on the car this morning... nothing to be worked up about... unless you were foolish enough to be swimming in the UK Coldwater Swimming Championships at Tooting Lido that is. . . .





The lady in the great hat won this Breastroke final. . .


and this marvellous lady is the gold medal winner of the over 80's race. . . She and her competitior got the loudest cheer of the day and they really deserved it....



and while this lady did not win her race, I think it shows how cold the day was... and how brave (or mad??) the swimmers were.. look at how warmly dressed the official is!!


and as I could no longer feel my toes, I decided that it was time for me to wend my way home... perhaps I'll wait for May to send in my membership forms!!

No comments: