Sunday 1 February 2009

Chinese New Year 2009



The Ox apparantly is good at fighting hardship, and with the economy in it's current state it will have to be... there was no parade this year... good for saving London money, bad for giving Anya photo opportunities.... The day didn't really work for me.. I was always 5 minutes too late getting somewhere, or left 5 minutes too early....


The firecrackers were just starting when I arrived, all you could hear was banging and children crying!!!!
Tis was the best view I got of a dragon all day... there were too many dignitaries in the best seats to be able to take any photographs. . . oh yes and I was 5 minutes too late to get a good spot....




This lady seemed more than happy to spend the entire day outside in freezing temperatures... it started snowing a couple of minutes after this photo...



However this chap struggled with his balloons.. it was all those fiesty oxes!!

1 comment: