Saturday 3 January 2009

Kempton Races 3 Jan 2009

This was supposed to be Sandown races 3 Jan 2009, but it's a tad icy here, and Sandown was called off at the last minute... Instead we went to Kempton, which wasn't jump racing, and it was on the all weather track, which is pants for photography, unless you have one of those press passes, which I don't have (stamps foot petulantly). Instead. we'll have a little wander through a typical race shall we.....

This bit I like, the parade ring.. I pick a horse, because I like the name.. anything with like Topper Tom or Jumping Jamie usually has my money thrown at it.. that failing I often back a grey heorse, or anything nice looking. I once backed a horse because it wnet the wrong way to the start. This is not a good way to select horses if you want to win money. Jamie selects horses, by the number... this is aso not a good way to select a horse . . . Tom goes on form, and market interest. You would think that this was a good way to select a horse.. but sadly for tom it doesn't seem to be, either that or he isn't very good at reading market interest . . . .




Then the jockeys arrive and jauntily jump on their horses.. At this point I notice that I seem to have the bumbling jockey who can't jauntily jump on anything. . .



The horse head to the start, and I wander off to part with my money... still hopeful!!


This usually doesn't last very long . . . .



The jubilation the winner, lots of applause from lots of people who seem to have realised he was going to win, but didn't tell me... and an unexpected interview with Channel 4's Derek Thompson, who was also supposed to be at Sandown today...



and the desolation of the loser... I know this look very often, I see it frequently in jockeys who are carrying my hard earned £2......

and on to the next race.. I really fancy 'Tom's Brother Jamie' in this race, I'm sure it's a winner, I'll put my shirt on it . . . . . .

1 comment:

? said...

Hello Anya - I stumbled upon your blog searching for ants and molehills. But guess what? I love it here. I love it because it is fascinating. And quite inspiring. For those reasons, I would like to add a link to yours from mine. I don't know whether this will be fine by you? I hope this is not a private family blog, in which case my apologies for troubling you. If it is a public blog then I would like to return here? Please bring me back?
Thank you.
Happy New Year