Tuesday 26 August 2008

Shopping in Venice

A slightly odd selection of photos to start with here, but shopping in Venice is hard to miss, From the stalls at Rialto, to the Classy shops near our hotel everywhere you looked you were urged to buy something! So two of my favourite things,,,, shopping and taking photos, what could be better?

My favourite shop in Venice, particularly so this time as it was very close to our hotel. Most of the gondoliers were a little camera shy, but these were ever so obliging.. I even liked the wooden smiles!

It's like looking in a mirror really!!

If you look closely I am sure you can spot the willy shaped pasta!!

and more masks.... there are plenty of places to buy these in Venice.. and I mean plenty


what can I say????


Rialto Market was closing down for the weekend when I arrived, but looked wonderful anyway



OK not technically a shop, but it did give an enormous amount of pleasure to my uncle who had nobly given up watching Manchester City for this weekend away.. and this Pub had a large screen!! Given that he didn't even allow his wedding to be on a home match day I was honoured at this sacrifice.. Thanks Edward!

No comments: