Tuesday 12 August 2008

Bristol - architecture

I had forgotten what a beautiful city Bristol is, particularly the houses up in Clifton village. Many decades ago I was a student in Bristol, but don't think I spent enough time appreciating the architecture . . . This is Bristol's version of the Royal crescent -








As a student I did fall in love with the Suspension Bridge, it was a great place to clear my head (of hangover?) Typically of my luck there were extensive rennovations going on at the time of our visit... plus photography was hampered by pretty pants weather








I definitely recommend that any visitor to Bristol visits SS Great Britain (yet another sight I did not appreciate during my three years in Bristol... we only liked boats that took us on booze cruises!!). It was a brilliant way to spend a couple of hours. . .


















1 comment:

Linda S. Socha said...

Love the photos. Looking at them makes me want to go today!
Thanks for sharing
Linda