Wednesday 27 August 2008

Carry on up the Campanile - Venice again!!

A trip up the Campanile is a must in Venice.. A bird's eye view of the city is as breathtaking as the views from the ground. . .





A Campanile means Bell Tower, I didn't realise that it meant 'active' bell tower.. but at 11.15 the bells swang into action. I risked deafness to take this photo, . . . . but was it worth it??


The same evening I spotted the Tower was still open at 8.30... so up we hopped again! It was magical... I am so glad I acted on impulse. Sadly I did not have my big tripod, and had also forgotten my remote control, so it was impossible to hold the camera steady. . . These are my favourites. . .















1 comment:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

Love these views, but can you slow down please, you are putting me to shame!? Have now copied all photos onto cd's (3 in all) so if I delete or change any by accident I have a backup. J xx