Tuesday 12 August 2008

Bristol Zoo



Bristol Zoo is a very sweet zoo, Quite a small place and with only a couple of lions making up the 'big animals' they make up for it in very inventive ways. The children were very taken with the Zoo Olympics and the animals were all very attractive. . .




apart from these two . . . . .



I just adored the fruit bats. There were three or four hanging around outside, hanging down from the netting enclosing their home. . .







Whereas the boys thought the giant turtles were simply the coolest animals there. . .






The flower beds were abalze of colour, not a weed or a deadhead to be seen... The sunflowers are still my favourite flowers. . .





But the thistle was very impressive . . .






I really don't know what this flower is, but I think my insect knowledge is good enough to confidentially claim that the insect on top is a very bloated bee. . .





and the ants... see I am good at this. . . (come on I have to be good at something!)






Some of the old favourites, the flamingoes . . . .





and just as we were leaving the Lion woke up. . . He wouldn't pose though... so unfair!





The Zoo Olympics were fun . . . here the boys are being timed over running speed..... somehow I think that the Cheetah would easily have them for dinner!









No comments: