Sunday 30 March 2008

WWT- Martin Mere 28.3.08

Martin Mere was terribly sorry without all the swans who were visiting at my last visit. There must be about 50 left, and they have the rather forlorn look of having been left behind. And it was STILL raining!

However I am not one to lie down (unless it improves the photograph!) and weep, so carried on regardless... The black swan was feeding and looked lovely with the water droplets.
This little teal was washing herself so vigorously it looks like she is having a wild time in a jacuzzi!



Another flamingo bath, except this time the amount of water shifted was only a drop in the ocean compared to the fairly large amount of water that dropped on me from the sky during the time I spent at Martin Mere.



I was very taken with capturing the flamingos and their reflections. I probably stood there for half an hour attracting considerable and hurtful abuse from my hungry companion, and didn't really get the shot that I wanted, but these are fairly OK for second best










Same idea, different bird, and this one is quite attractive, but typical man, he doesn't half know it. I am afraid there was a lot of this malarkey going on at Martin Mere, it is obviously that time of year. All I can say is good luck missus, it'll be nappies and teething before you can say Quack.









OK Now I am a big swan fan, but this one took agin me and well 'attack' is the only way I can describe this photo. I am quite impressed with the shot, given that I was running backwards up a slippery bank at the time....



and finally I got the perfect shot... and then a ******** goose waddled into the frame.... Hmm I'm guessing I know what I might be cooking this Christmas ???


No comments: