Sunday 30 March 2008

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside!!

A day in the sun at Blackpool, whicjh started off somewhat disappointingly. Blackpool was closed to visitors. Most of the promenade had been dug up, and could we find a workman in sight. Occasionally the odd abandoned digger showed that maybe Blackpool would be open by the summer season.. but I won't hold my breath. . . . .
The amusements will always be open, and will always cheat me out of all my 2ps





Even the Pleasure beach was closed to paupers like me, you have to pay to go in these days, and can't just wander round and get seduced by the camel racing!!


Finally we found some beach and my old friends the donkeys were still giving rides. They smelt exactly the same as they did when I was 5years old, in fact I think they probably were the same donkeys as when I was five years old!




I think this rock was on sale then too!!

Couldn't resist the Wigs, Chiffoniers of Mayfair, quake in your boots, there is a new kid on the block!



The seagulls obviously had not read the 'Blackpool is Closed' signs. . .

and the illuminations are poised ready for the Summer Switch On



but despite all the closed bit's I do like to be beside the seaside, and yes I was.....


The trams are great as ever, I like to think this might be the one wot did for Alan Bradley.



and the view from the back of the Tram, My first view of the tower that did not include diggers, rubble and Keep Out tape!


Just in case you thought I forgot the kids.... Jamie demonstrating that he gets taller by the day....


and Thomas that he gets Younger by the day!





No comments: