Sunday 2 March 2008

Godstone Point-to-Point 2nd March 2008

Joined lots of family at Godstone Point-to-Point. It is many years since I last attended a Point-to-Point, and I don't remember enjoying it very much last time. Often a very short priced favourite, few finishers and little competition. I am pleased to say that things have really changed and today was fun with fast and furious races. This was the fourth race, where I finally claimed a winner on Moning Earth.













My horse, number 24 may have been leading at this point, but sadly this point was not the finishing line, that came a couple of miles later when was waaaaay out of the shot!


I did win on this horse though Bee and Bee.

I love the look on the jockey's face.. He really was giving it everything he had!



Like I said a lot of the races were fast paced and hotly contested


A coule of nasty falls in front of us. The first one landed the jockey in hospital with concussion after her mount landed on top of her. The second picture shows the start of a long walk home for a rider at the first fence in the first race. Do you think he knew it was not his day. Do you think he knew my pound was on his mount?












1 comment:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

When are you sharing out the winnings? I see my photo of you has been put to good use! J xx