Sunday 30 March 2008

Boat Race 29 March 2008

This year's Boat Race - The best of Oxford University matched against the best of Cambridge University. Me and my camera. And lots and lots and lots of rain. I can't in embarassment show you the many botched snaps of the rowers that I took.. each a feeble waste of memory on this already overcrowded computer... so I won't even try. Picture number two is admissable only because by this point they were too far away to have ever been in focus! the first photograph totally sums up the futility of my afternoon!




Oxford immediately off to an early lead, and although Cambridge pulled back by Hammersmith Bridge, it was all in vain and Oxford romped home by ten lengths



The crowds on the Embankment seemed happy enough to get wet

Especially those with a beer in one hand, brolly in the other





No comments: