Saturday 8 March 2008

Sandown Races in the rain 8.3.08

Sandown Races in the miserable weather... I was hoping for some sun, but no luck... and no luck with the horses or the camera. I came home very chastened, however am determined to keep thses photos here as a salutory lesson, and just in case I ever get too big for my boots I must remember to look at these photos and remember that things invariably go wrong, when I get trigger happy!


Winner of the first race. . . not my horse, and not my best photo either... but worse.. not my worst.. it really was a grim day for photos


The hurdles race in the rain and gloom did nothing to staedy my hand!



I love this moment, as they canter down to start the first race, you are so full of hope, you will take some wonderful photographs and win a bucketload of money... you soon know none of this will happen




the desolation when you realise you simply won't win is written on my jockey's face







and this is the chap who has all my money, taking the food from the mouthes of my poor little children. . . . . See this sums up the day. . . firstly that is my horse on the outside that appears to be minus a rider, and this photo is blurry, it was hard juggling the umbrella and the camera!




No comments: