Sunday 27 May 2007

Wetlands in the rain 27 May 2007

I haven't seen this pretty duck before and can't work out what it is any ideas??? There might even be a prize!!

My old sparring partner, the Magpie Goose. He didn't chase me today, the lazy so and so didn't want to get wet!


He was desperately trying to catch a coot, but never succeeded!




These geese were guarding the main gate again today...


The coot at the entrance seems to behind all her peers, their babies are almost independent now but not only is this one feeding a tiddler, but her mate is still sitting on a nest! Sorry, no entry in my blog would be complete without my blue beaks! These really are my favourites. I hope there will be lots of them at Martin Mere, or it just won't be the same!











1 comment:

Anya and Lisa said...

Ha! I win the prize, the unidentified duck is........ (fanfare please!) a Chiloe Wigeon