Tuesday 29 May 2007

Battersea Park Zoo 28.5.07






There was a friendly robin playing at the Zoo. Any rubbishness in the photo is definitely of my making and not of this sweet little robin. Margaret tells me it is a summer robin... I didn't know there was a difference! However she assures me that they are totally different breeds and don't mix at all. Our winter robins go North in the Summer and so on and so forth.



The Meerkats were all out playing in the sun, I should have been able to take a lovely shot but think I need a tripod to stop the shake.... Still a couple were not dreadful....






The butterfly garden was totally bereft of butterflies (Phew after yesterday!) but it was full of bees! This one was reasonably obliging.




The otters were also playing in the sun, they are in the next enclosure to the meerkats, and I was more taken with the meerkats. However the one photo I have of the otters I think is lovely



The Lemurs were in a cage, and almost impossible to photograph... This was the best I can do



This emu looks a little like one of Doctor Who's enemies, or so Jamie thinks anyhow. He wasn't in the best mood for being photographed, hence the beady stare!

No comments: