Monday 28 May 2007

London Butterfly House



It rained so hard today that I decided it was not possible to take any outdoor photos. On a whim I went to the London Butterfly House, where I discovered I am very bad at taking photos of butterflies. Here are a few of the Okish ones. The first few are of Owl butterflies, which have a wonderful blue colour when they are flying, however they fly very fast... catch my drift?



This is a Common Mime, and there is another later on.



A five year old informed me that this was a Giant Orange Tip, and who am I not to believe her. It looks a bit manky though, I think Giant Orange Tips are either a tad careless or very tasty






This is the Common Mime again. It sounds more swanky in Latin Chilasia clytia . I think thats better, it doesn't suit being called common at all.





Nicky tells me that this is called a Glasswing. Rather unhelpfully my five year old helpful friend (in a don't talk to strangers kind of way) had gone home at this point!





This looks a little like a Christmas swallowtail, although it wouldn't stop fluttering for long enough to check the list.. or to photograph him nicely!






and finally a Malachite, in flight...... oooooh that rhymes!











No comments: