Tuesday 8 May 2007

London Wetlands 8 May 2007

Jamie wasn't allowed to go to school today but the mumps seem almost gone, so I thought a trip to the London Wetlands was in order. Of late I have lost a bit of confidence with the camera... I don't know if I had beginners luck or whether now I am using a bigger lens there is more shake or the birds are moving faster.. who knows. I am really pleased with these shots, but there are plenty sitting in my recycle bin .. the ones that got away. The Wetlands was wonderful, almost empty, except bizarrely for lots of ladies with prams doing a keep fit class. There were plenty of ducklings and the only sounds were lots of birdsong... Perhaps I'll have to play hookey from work next week too... I will post some of the disasters next! These were the first birds we encountered.. very friendly indeed.

I still love swans the best... but there really is something special about the black swan. Not quite in focus.. but it's much much better than all the others I failed to take with them...



I am fascinated with the blue beaks, they look so unnatural. why??

This has to be the most good looking of the ducks I saw today... but then again, he knew it too



Lots and lots of ducklings....



These two were so pretty and so unassuming....








No comments: