Thursday 18 June 2009

Royal Ascot - a day in the Silver Ring

As a treat for Tom working so hard for his GCSEs (I have very low standards you realise) I took him to one of his alltime favourites - Royal Ascot. However he didn't work that hard, so we went into the Silver Ring. Do you know if you want a really good day out, spend it in the Silver Ring at Royal Ascot. Everyone was up for a good time, very friendly and having fun. There was a brass band in the background, lots of room and a good view of Brenda and the rest of the Royal party and the racing!





Very irritatingly I forgot to take my medium lens, which is the best for this kind of photography, so I am soooooo disappointed with myself and these photos... Never mind, we'll just have to go again next year



The Silver Ring does ot have a formal dress code, but most people made an effort, and I have never seen so many feathers outside of birdworld!!






This couple were so kind to Tom- giving him one of their programmes, and they were delightful company. The gentleman was there celebrating his 65th birthday... so congratulations to you Sir!


This was the first race - the rail was in the way, making the shots pants.. but I like the jockey's expressions



I think they might be winners!

Things always stop for a good hat!


This lady was my beautiful lady of the day, I thought she looked stunning and won Tom and my prize of the day!!
although this lady was pretty impressive too -

1 comment:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

And where is the photo of you and your hat please??????? J x