Wednesday 24 June 2009

British Airways - Nation's Favourite Airline or just crooks???

Very unusually for me no photograph's tonight -

This is a rant about the crooks who run British Airways. In January I paid for 3 flights to Malta in October 2009. I always buy my flights early as this is the best way to afford them ..... Imagine my horror when BA cancelled them yesterday. I will get my money back (eventually) but to book with another airline will now cost me double (being no longer ages in advance). I will end up approximately £300 - £500 out of pocket. However this is the SECOND time that BA have done this to me. IN June 2007 I booked flights to Iceland in May 2008 which were cancelled 3 months before we were due to fly. That little scam left us £400 out of pocket.

Legally of course they can do this.... morally I think that the directors are a bunch of crooks. If I wanted to cancel the flights BA would not have let me do it, but they don't even have to apologise. They don't even have the decency to make an immediate refund.

So if you are thinking about where you may vacation next year, and the slogan 'the nation's favourite airline' floats into your head, think again. They take your money and then renege on their contract without so much as a thought for the loss we will suffer. Hang your heads in shame you theiving crooks!

2 comments:

Posh Totty said...

Oh no, I am sorry you have had to go thru this yet again, I deffo will not be using them Xx

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

So sorry to hear this I think you should definitely steer clear of BA in the future they are obviously not reliable. I'm sure Chris works for them - will have to have a word with him!! J x