Sunday 14 June 2009

Morris Dancing - The Hartley Morris Ring Meeting



The Hartley Morris Men are one of some 200 member sides of the Morris Ring which is the National Association of Men's Morris and Sword Dance Clubs. The mission of the Morris Ring is to encourage the performance of Morris dancing, to maintain its traditions and preserve its history. Every year several Morris Ring Meetings are held, hosted by local clubs, and dancers from all over the country are invited to attend. Each Morris club has its own distinctive kit and the sight of several sides dancing together at a massed display is quite a wonderful spectacle. Today they danced in the blistering heat at Ightham Mote in Kent.. and I managed to drag myself away from my duvet (to be honest it was too hot!!) to take my camera along... They were good, and I had a lovely day...







No comments: