Sunday 4 November 2007

A Walk Along the South Bank

As it was a nice sunny weekend and I had no plans other than a Sunday lunch with Kate, I decided to have another walk along the Southbank to see a new exhibit at the Tate. Started off at the usual place on the Hungerford bridge....



and passing the graffiti on the Southbank, it's looking good there, but v v v smelly







Half way there.. Blackfriars bridge, or rather what WAS Blackfriars Bridge







Actually the purpose of the walk was to go to the Tate Modern to see the Crack in the Turbine Hall, but as with much art (modern especially) I just didn't get it.. plus it was not really photographable.. so I headed outside to the Spider which is part of The Life is a Stage exhibition. In terms of art I didn't think too much of this either, but it was much redeemed by the fact that it made for some fun photos.








Approaching the OXO tower, I thought I would try some clever things with the wooden pier there.. It's halfway to what I wanted




and finally a quip trip accross the Milennium Bridge, and home on the tube





and a rather silly... The Aliens are coming shot!! sorry!!







No comments: