Saturday 10 November 2007

I love it when a plan comes together. . . . . . .

And absolutely HATE IT when it DOESN'T! All week we have had some lovely sunrises, and while searching teh internet last week I found some lovely shots of the Eye at Sunrise. Well sunrise this weekend is at about 7.30 so I thought I would pop up there. I got up at 10 to 6 and peered anxiously out of the window. I couldn't really see the weather but it looked reasonably OK, the forecast was Ok and it had been great all week. Arrived at the Eye at approx 6.30 and the first problem was that there was NOWHERE to park. I eventually left the car about 15 minutes away by Temple and started out..at which point it started to rain... Rain = Clouds and Clouds = NO FLIPPING SUNRISE!!!!

I paused briefly in my torment on Hungerford Bridge....

The London Eye is a couple of minutes further on, but it was really getting light by now.. I was so disappointed, but thought I better take what I could get.


I took this snap as Big Ben began chiming 7am and on the last stroke, the lights all went out on the Eye, so I was just in time.. Good job too, I don't think that would have improved my temper.


OK, so by now I have given up in disgust and start stomping back through the rain to my car, which as you will remember is parked miles away. This bar at Embankment Station was either late closing or early opening up!




and the view under Hungerford Bridge towards Waterloo Bridge and the City. It's pretty light now, and no sun to be seen for miles!









2 comments:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

Lovely pix anyway, who needs a sunrise?
J xx

debbie said...

Ok so No Sunrise,, but stop moaning woman,, those Photos are Fab,, the reflections in the Thames look amazing,, my dad takes photos all the time, and he critises himself all the time too,, there are more photos there I think for the AOL collection too,,