Saturday 17 November 2007

Cold and foggy at Whipsnade Safari Park

A free Saturday at long last, no children playing rugby, going on dates, going for lunch/tea/supper.. bliss. Remembering a happy day at Whipsnade in the summer and having Annual Passes we decided to have a day out there. What can I say.. it was sooooooooo cold, and misty, and damp, and drizzly..... The only animals that seemed happy were the elephants. These two particularly seemed to be having a great time... quite stood out in the gloom at Whipsnade










This lion was the first animal that didn't look blimmin freezing, however mainly this is because about ONE minute after we got there he started licking his mate....*sigh* I expect you can guess what happened next????? I think that photo better be on the pay per photo site!!. Typical male 10 seconds and it was all over!
and back to lunch!



As we drove around the safari park I spotted a Hawk Harrier flying overhead... thinking I had discovered a new species existing in the UK I screeched to a halt, and discovered the Birds Of Prey flying display. Well I say flying... apparantly Birds of Prey don't like cold and foggy days either, and were pretty much refusing to fly... The hawk harriers went back inside faily sharpish and then the Eagle obliged us with a bit of pottering around for a while. TBH I got too cold, and went for lunch!








Gosh this zebra looks cold and miserable! The cheetah, posed for about three seconds then he ran away, presumably to get warm!


Even the rhinos were cold by now so we packed up and went home. . . . .



Oh go on then.. I know this is the real reason you have stayed with this particular post this long.... you knew I would have this particular photo now didn't you!
Ax

p.s. Am just loving his expression.. I wish we could see hers more clearly I reckon she was lying back and thinking of Africa (hope it was a very quick thought then!!)



Oh yes.. and you remember those happy little elephants at the beginning and that rather adorable elephant calf that was having such fun playing with his friend.. the other young(ish) elephant.. well he wasn't having lots of lovely innocent fun.. he was a naughty, randy little elephant, whose mother should have taught him better.....





3 comments:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

i just knew you wouldn't let me down!! J xx

debbie said...

PMSL but fab photos, looks like you were in their enclosures, to wires to be seen anywhere

debbie said...

Hi Anya, just looking at your elephants bums, reminds me of me and my nan,, or mum and my nan or me and my mum,, just made me laugh.,

you were so not far from me Anya,,