Sunday 1 June 2008

Waterfalls in Iceland May 2008

Gulfoss Waterfall

This is Iceland's most famous waterfall, and incredibly impressive, even on a fairly gloomy day. It initially drops 32metres, doglegs a bit and then plunges down a ravine. The spray soaked us as we walked alongside it, but it was easily a price worth paying. It is however very difficult to photograph.. well that's my excuse and I am sticking to it!!!



These are the walls of the ravine that the waterfall drops into.. I love the rock formation. . .
Skogafoss Waterfall
This waterfall falls 62metres just outside the small village of Skogar. Because of the mist and rainbows at the foot of the waterfall Legend has it that an early settler hid a chest of gold behind the waterfall. Broke I maybe, but the waterfall was waaaaay to powerful for me to be clambering through. . . . .






















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great water falls. Beautiful taken. Nice view.