Thursday 27 December 2007

Wemberleee Wemberleee Wemberleee

Today we marched on Wembley. The boys wanted to 'do the stadium tour' and I wanted to take some pictures of the arch, so we headed North West at some ungodly hour and took the tour. Sadly the weather was not as obliging as I had hoped, but I am fairly pleased with some of the pictures!

The arch is so impressive, at it's peak higher than the London Eye and also St Paul's cathedral. It is actually integral to the support of the Wembley roof and is not just for ornamentation. I like the arch because on a reasonable day it is clearly visible from Wandsworth even though it is about 8 miles away.



No set of pictures is really complete without my favourite reflection shots!!


At the top of Olympic Way is a large bronze statue of Bobby Moore. Although I was not even a twinkle in my father's eye in 1966, I still felt emotional in the presence of this imposing statue.



Not only did I have to climb 117 steps to reach the Royal Box and the 'old' FA Cup, but I also had to wait until every single other member of our party had taken their photos and departed just to be able to bring you this shot... but sneakily I am quite pleased with it!!


The England Dressing Room is laid out with the shirts from the England V Russia game that the boys went to back in September, back in the days when we still had hope and just a smidgen of pride in our national team. There is a prize for the first person who works out why this photo has been included for Uncle Edward!




and finally the tow boys who the trip was for: Jamie standing pitch side (the pitch is awaiting a new turf' and Tom with the FA cup that was last awarded in the year he was born.





1 comment:

debbie said...

arrr your boys are so handsome.. don't tell them I said so, they will be embarressed,, your pics look good too, I hope your Boys enjoyed every minute of it too