Friday 7 December 2007

London - Christmas Lights???

I went up into town tonight to have a look at some Christmas lights and also the tree on Trafalgar Square. I am sad to say that the Christmas lights are worse than abysmal in London town. A farce.... so I gave up and wandered along Westminster Bridge playing silly games with my long exposure and my remote control! This is a double decker whooshing past! This was an earlier attempt.. it wasn't easy on this side of the road, as there is a lot of human traffic just here.. and also it's hard to focus on something for the shot

from the other side of the road, the same treatment of the London Eye






Possibly slightly more traditional picture here.. I felt that it should have bene snowing obviously, but other than that it looked very festive at the Eye tonight or maybe not so traditional. This is the London Eye.... or at least the London Eye when it has been Anya 'd. Come on it looks just like a star at teh top of the Christmas tree, and having personally viewed the shambles of the Christmas lights on Oxford Street, I think I have done London a favour!





Oh go on then, the tree on Trafalgar square.. donated by a grateful Norwegian population to thank us for our efforts during the war. It hasn't changed since I was a child.. except of course the have invented electricity since then... and Ken got rid of one or two pigeons! I am also concerned that if the Christmas tree is standing straight.. then Nelson has got a mean lean!




2 comments:

debbie said...

its not nelson on the lean its the world!!! I just love your shots of the Wheel second photo up and the bus too thats so cool,, that camera is amazing, what apt are you using for that?? Our local decs are naff too,, they dont even seem festive half of them

Posh Totty said...

Fantastic pics :o)