Wednesday 24 October 2007

Paris Day 3 24-10-07

Oh dear, the final day came around far too fast. We started out early to go to the Louvre, although we did not manage to beat the queues.. what time to these people get up??. I have never been a great fan of the pyramid, but today the sun was shining and it felt OK!
Why do so many people go to the Louvre? To see my favourite painting teh Lacemaker?, My second favourite the Astromoner?? Possibly at a pinch the Venus de Milo??? no, all these Philistines just want to see Mona Lisa.... Come on, she isn't even pleased to see you......

and with that it's off for a stroll through Les Tuileries.....


We then walked from the Louvre to through the Jardins des Tuileries towards la Place de Concorde. Any reader of this blog knows how much I love the London Eye. Well Paris hae an equivalent... However this is a fairground ride, in open carousels, that stop at the tp to let passengers one and frighten the *@#* out of me.. however it was a lovely day and I didn't yet have a decent picture of the Arc De Triomphe!

At last a shot of teh Arc De Triomphe and the Champs Elysee.




The view of Sacre Coeur dominates the skyline from allover Paris, however to get this picture I had to twist in my seat which made outpod lurch violently from side to side, and nearly deposited my breakfast on an innocent passer-by below!

The wheel up close... just see that rust!!!!!





Another shadow... sorry!



and looking back as we crossed the Place de Concorde, you will never know how close you came to losing me!!
and sadly that was that... Our wonderful three days was over...

2 comments:

debbie said...

Wow wow wow what great photos once again, looks like good weather may be too bright in some but hey better then here.. I love the eiffel tower thats looks great all lite up,, as for the french wheel anything that stops at the top is a no no for me, but the photos were cool..
Above all I hope you had a great time..

debbie said...

Hey stop saying sorry about shadows.. they look good!! who says what you take has to be perfect.. there are some people out that making money on photos like that..