Thursday 25 October 2007

Paris Day 1 22-10-2007



Half term holidays at last and I took Jamie and Thomas to Paris with my friend Margaret. The weather was predicted to be glorious, so we were looking forward to taking some lovely photos (well one of us was!). We arrived at our hotel at about 2pm and headed straight out (up the hill) to Sacre Coeur. It's the best way to start any visit to Paris! and the steps down from Sacre Coeur, the other three were keen on using the funicular a few yards away, but I told them I couldn't afford it, in reality I just wanted to take some more photos.


La Place du Tertre is directly behind Sacre Coeur, and full of artists stalls, selling the most expensive paintings in Paris!!!



And this is the making of possibly the tastiest Chocolate Crepe of all time just off La Place du Tertre




and it wasn't just me that liked the look of Thomas' crepe. . .





After all the walking up hills that afternoon, the boys would have been happy to slob, but their cruel cruel mother dragged them down to Montparnasse and up the Tower to the Terrace on the 59th Floor. The views were breathtaking and I wish I could do them justice. I'll start with my favourite photo which was actually the last that I took at 8pm when the Eiffel Tower was sparkling (see tomorrow)
This was the view when we arrived on the roof, of the Eiffel Tower


and the view of Les Invalides






and the Arc De Triomphe as it lit up



and the Wheel on La Place de Concorde, the building all lit up, no doubt rasing Global Warming a few notches, is , as will be no surprise to anyone, The Embassy of the United States of America!!




After I had put Margaret and the boys to bed, I wandered down to Pigalle to see the lights and of course the Moulin Rouge!



No comments: