Thursday 25 October 2007

Paris Day 2 (day) 23-10-2007

Day two and we were up early and off to Bir Hakeim, the tube station next to the Eiffel Tower. The Eiffel Tower needs no intoduction from me... However I do like this photo, you couldn't actually SEE the Eiffel Tower, just this refelction in the window! Spooky! But around the corner, there was no missing it!




I took dozens of these types of photos and none of them seemed to work terribly well. The fretwork (is that what it is called) is just glorious



First shadow of the trip..... The Eiffel Tower shadow lying across the Trocadero





It was a glorious day, but misty too, which I loved. This is a view of Les Invalides with the Parnethon in the distance






The Arc De Triomphe with Paris at it's feet




From the highest viewing platform, this is the view of the top of The Eiffel Tower


Having pretty much exhausted the Eiffel Tower, we made our way to the Isle de la Cite and Notre Dame. Jamie and I bravely climbed the 280 (yes you heard me right... 280) steps to the Gargoyles... but they were lovely... just like looking in a mirror. I tried to do some clever things with the gargoyles and the Eiffel Tower but to be honest after 280 steps my heart just wasn't in it (it wasn't beating very well either at that point!)


















No comments: