Wednesday 8 August 2007

Whipsnade

Such a lovely day today at Whipsnade Zoo, with lovely food and great company! My favourite photo is the first one, I hope you like it too!
Lemur Island is a new attraction to Whipsnade and you can walk right inside the Lemur's enclosure. The lemurs are so tame you really feel you could reach out and stroke them. They are beautiful creatures.. except their eyes bear an uncanny resemblance to pigeons.. Yuk!!








The rhinos really rule Whipsnade, and the giant one horned rhinos, must surely pre-date dinasours. They look like they are wearing armour plating, although they have enough cellulite to make even me feel good!


this one was enjoying a wallow in the midday sun - very sensible too


Back to an old favourite the peacock. Why won't they ever ever swish up their tails when they see me with my camera. Peacocks obviously don't fancy me!


The penguin pool is as ever a delight. Caught this black-footed penguin having a swim, and was delighted with this photos. Of course there are about 20 in my recycle bin where I pressed the shutter too late and you can only see his feet!






the bears were the first stop at Whipsnade. I don't think I have ever seen them before as they usually hide in the bushes. But today we struck bear-gold! It was feeding time. I even got to throw her a carrot. Bears don't seem to like carrots.

The bears at Whipsnade are European (European??? where exactly in Europe are these ferocious animals roaming free??)




I always love tigers, you know that. This one has a huuuge tongue, very big teeth and ginourmous feet!



We decided this was definitely Rudolph, as according to my fellow guests, Rudolph's nose is only red on Christmas eve and he has to camouflage himself for the rest of the year. You heard it here first!





No comments: