Friday 17 August 2007

France - The falconery at Chateau Milandes

On our last day we went to see Chateau Milandes mainly because of the falconry they keep behind the House. well you know I never like to miss an oportunity to snap some birds now!! This bird was having a nice feed at the end of the display.. Yuk! I think this was a Harris Hawk, my schoolgirl French was learnt over 25 years ago and I don't think we ever covered Birds of Prey.
The barn owl was tiny in comparison to the eagle owl (see below), she also flew very very fast and was almost impossible to photograph

An amazing eagle owl, that was huuge. I lost a little in the translation and I seem to remember her being three stone. . . . but on reflection that can't be right. I will try and see if either of the children have better memories than me!






Another Americal Bald Eagle called Cheyenne. It had been raining somewhat that afternoon and Cheyenne was not remotely interested in flying.










We didn't see the Snowy Eagles flying, I think they were too busy auditionning for the next Harry Potter movie, but they did look cute!






No comments: