Wednesday 22 August 2007

IOW The Needles

I just love the Needles, they look such a romantic spot. I like the way that they stand defiant against Mother Nature. By rights they should have crumbled into the sea years ago. On our second morning the sky did not look promising, so we went for a very blowy walk out to the Old battery, a place now run by The National Trust, situated right above the needles. Actually I have to admit, I wasn't too interested in the Battery, I just wanted to see if I could get any good pictures of the Needles!






Whilst at the Battery the Coastguard brought the helicopter over for a practise in managing a rescue in high winds!! (See I told you the weather was pants). Actually I have to admit this was taken a couple of hours later from Alum Bay, when he was practising yet again! It was a very windy day!!










No comments: