Friday 17 August 2007

France - Evening in Domme

On wednesday Evening we decided to have a quick drive out to the small town of Domme. Domme is a walled town, rather reminding me of Mdina from the outer gate.
The streets are pretty steep, and were full of shops, much to my horror and the boys' delight. I was rather taken with these two shop windows though, although I think I prefer the bottles to the foie gras!!



The main reason to toil up the steep streets to Domme town centre is to see the view. Domme is built very high up above the river Dordogne. The river snakes past the town to right and left and even the bits with no river in are pretty splendiferous!






The church in Domme is as in many French Villages, beautiful in it's simplicity. the walls were bare brick, but the windows heavenly!



No comments: