Sunday 17 June 2007

Spring cleaning at Wetlands

My favourite ducks, the white headed stifftails, don't usually do very much, just glide around gracefully and look pretty and photogenic. Today however there was activity all round. This one decided to have a good clean, so I tried to do him justice!!





The Hawaiian Geese were all cleaning simultaneously.. it made for a lot of splashing! I had put the lens onto 'active' today and think that it made the action shots a little clearer! Or maybe I just got lucky today. Mind you there are still more than enough shots in the recycle bin.







They really were all at it today!!
Even the ducklings are a clean lot.. not sure what this one is, but think it is some kind of Eider!

Not sure that this one is doing any more than having a good scratch in the sun.... However I am hopeful that this is one of the ducklings I saw last week being chased by the nasty red breasted goose. The mallards were safely in the swan's enclosure and the swans were being very protective when we mean cruel humans* were venturing too near (* that is of course a euphemism for ME!)








No comments: