Sunday 3 June 2007

Battersea Children's Zoo 3 June 2007

With an empty sunny Sunday stretching in front of me I decoded to return to Battersea Children's Zoo without the boys so I could photograph meerkats to my heart's content. I did not realise until I got home and downloaded these pictures what the meerkat was doing to bring such a smile to his face... I will leave it to you immagination to envisage the rest of the photograph! Anyone wanting some rudy meerkat, drop me a line!







There is a small family of ring tail lemurs at Battersea Park Children's Zoo. I absolutely adore these animals and was disappointed to have cocked up photographing them at Chester Zoo earlier in the week. They are in a cage, so the blurring in the background is me trying to disguise the bars. Can you see from these shots why this is one of my most favourite species?









There was only one otter playing in the sun, but he was pretty game and showed me most of his repertoire. I had not realised until today that otters were so religious!!!!!





This is a little male squirrel monkey named Sponge Bob, who was playing with his friend inside a paper sack! I hadn't planned on taking any more photos but he was so cute, and pleaded with me to snap him, so who am I to resist?















1 comment:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

Mmmmmm Sarah has just forwarded me the rest of the meerkat photo!!!!
J xx