Sunday 20 April 2008

WWT- London 20th April

Another quick Sunday visit to the Wetlands... I was wondering if I would be barred after my complaints last week, but they obviously decided to forgive me.. The Wetlands was much livelier today. Mallards were racing around in amorous pursuit of their mates, moorhens were building nests and swans were.. well I'm not sure what the swans were doing!!




My old favourites the Stifftails.. I guess picture 2 explains the name!







The black swans were in a strange mood today.. I couldn't quite work out if they were mating or just having an extravagant bathing session. They were splashing away and occasionally racing around their enclosure, woe betide anyone getting too close!!



















This particular duck was scurrying around in a frenzy trying to escape her amorous mate.. I did not see until I uploaded the photos that she had obviously been rather visciously mated with earlier.. The ducks are not gentle in the love-making department... usually biting the top of the female's head to hold them under the water while they have their wicked way. This poor lady is certainly likely to have Post Natal depression given the trauma she has suffered at the conception!



and this is her ardent suitor... Shame on you sir.....

Oh yes.. and there was a robin!!

1 comment:

jennyberrypix.blogspot.com said...

Lovely but shame on you for moving the robin so that I can't have a closer look at it! The weather is supposedly improving soon so I will be back on the day job. J x