Thursday 17 April 2008

St Paul's at Night - Faces of Southwark

I entered this photograph in the Snapping Southwark competition, and this evening I took the boys to Dulwich Picture Gallery were it was on display. Quite amazing really, my photograph, in amongst many more talented photographers.. and then in the next rooms, a Renoir, a Jackson Pollock, a Whistler... oooh the list could go on... The standard of other photographs was very high, so it was lovely to be included. You may well be thinking at this exact moment that St Pauls is NOT in Southwark... and no it's not.. but the photograph WAS taken in Southwark!!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not that I'm biased, but I've seen a photograph or two of St Pauls in my time, but I do believe this is one of the best I've seen. Like the pictures in the Blitz, this one captures the nature of this magnificent building as a stoic immoveable symbol of the timelessness of an ever changing London. Constant movement, against a timeless backdrop...

The girl is a genius.