Saturday 28 July 2007

Ascot - King George Day 2007

Today we all headed down to Ascot for King George Day. This was the first time I had seen the new stand. Given that I was at school in Ascot for two years I was very fond of the old stand, and I have to say that the new one left me pretty cold. It looks impressive but I really dislike the way you can see nothing from the rails, which is my favourite place to watch a race. In fact where you stand on the rails is actiually about 3 feet below the track! Boo Hiss!!!!

The Big race of the Day was the King George and Queen Elizabeth Stakes. Dylan Thomas was the winner (not my choice of course!!!!!)


ridden by Johnny Murtagh




This is the first race of the day.. Note how far below the action I was taking this photo


Usually I get on quite well with the Bookies, but today the best I did was fourth place! Fourth Place... you don't get anything for coming second, let alone FOURTH




This is my horse in the winners enclosure after the fourth race... don't get too excited they allow horses that came fourth into the winners enclosure too you know





Actually I was very impressed with the new parade ring, it is tiered so lots of people got a perfect view. I love this bit before a race.. you are still in with a chance.. it doesn't even occur to you at this point that your horse will only come FOURTH








Lots of horses in a race where my horse did not win... again!







And well might you look a little sheepish mate, my money was riding with you...









No comments: