Sunday 26 July 2009

Paris - Around Sacre Coeur

Now I know why this place is called Sacre Coeur, it nearly did me in on both visits.. the first time we foolishly walked all the way up, in the heat of the midday sun (only a beer at the top could revive me!) and the second time the lift was closed at Abbesses Metro and we had to toil up the spiral staircase!!! Just as we arrived at the top, the first lift started again.. D'oh!!



It was impossible to capture these steps during the day as there were SO many people traipsing up and down.. without a thought to my artistic requirements... Therefore I was forced to return at nigth, fight my way through the street vendors, and take a long exposure at night!



This couple not only looked great but sounded fab.... like it says in the case BLISS!


Behind Sacre Coeur is Place Du Theatre, where there are lots of overproced restaurants and art stall... however you can by an exceedingly good pancake... I can vouch for these Crepes au citrons!!



This chap was certainly taking himself seriously, or maybe he thought I was likely to by something!!


Love was in the air!!!




there was quite a crowd at 10pm, and I couldn't work out why, until the Eiffel Tower began to sparkle on the hour.. it was like a firework display as everyone was ooohing and aaahing, in french of course!!


even when shabby Paris looks fab... it doesn't matter how much the paint is peeling, this doorway is still CHIC!!

No comments: