Tuesday 14 April 2009

A walk along the Leeds Liverpool Canal

Following on from my day at Pennington Flash Jen, Sarah, Poppy and I went for a loooong walk along the Leeds Liverpool canal starting at Gathurst Station.. pausing at Crooke for a lager shandy and then walking on towards Wigan looking for a pub to eat lunch. not a pub could we find. As we entered the outskirts of Wigan and could see Wigan Pier in the far distance my feet felt hot and heavy. Still there was a pub at Wigan Pier and my feet will walk anywhere for a pub.. imagine the shock and horror when we discovered the Orrell had been closed down and was boarded up... I thought my feet would explode with disapointment.. but still we trudged on and enjoyed our Easter Sunday family lunch in ...... McDonalds




1 comment:

CalmDownDear said...

We live close to a canal Anya. Parts of it, even considering we're so close to the city are quite beautiful - others are somewhat grim. I'd been meaning to get Emily to take some shots of it over the holidays but she has bust the camera and is bereft as you can imagine. It's in the repair shop - hopefully it's not terminal!