Saturday 11 October 2008

Wembley - outside during the match

I went up to Wembley this evening as England were playing Kazakhstan (won 5 -1!!) I wanted to take some long exposure shots like this first one.....
but got there early while it was still just about light. . . It's the first time I have been to Wembley when it has been sunny can you believe?? The first half was abnormally quiet, it was obvious that there were no goals scored.. and that England were playing pants!
At half time I was astonished to see about 2-300 people leave the match.. apparantly it was unbelievably boring.. but still it was 0-0 all to play for.. very strange behaviour. . . Shortly after the lights came on and the arch was lit up!!
Just after the first cheered indicated an England goal (Rio Ferdinand lucky header I believe) the police horses turned up!! Given my past experiences with the police (and photography I hasten to add) I was a little nervous, but it would seem I didn't look like an international terrorist tonight!!
and with 25 minutes to go people started leaving.. a trickle at first . . . .
but with tem minutes to go it was a steady stream . . . I knew it was time to leave when the flag and scarf sellers turned up...



No comments: